Civil Warring Rules

Civil Warring Rules

Postby Daniel Sauerwein on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:46 pm

Welcome to Civil Warring. It is my hope that you use it to foster debate and discussion on the war, both in the classroom and elsewhere. Many different areas of the period are represented, and others may be added or removed as needed. With that, there are a couple of basic rules:

1. Keep all conversations and posts civil. This goes for everyone. If you use a lot of profanity in posts on a regular basis, you face being BANNED. This also applies in the case of attacks against other members and guests, if you really insult another member or guest through the post, you will be BANNED. Note: There may be children who use this forum to learn more about the Civil War. Therefore, this rule will be STRICTLY enforced, so please keep your language clean.

2. No illegal images or text.
Do not post any images or text that will violate any laws regarding decency. By this I mean things of a sexual nature. Do this and you will be BANNED. Note: There may be children who use this forum to learn more about the Civil War. Therefore, this rule will be STRICTLY enforced, so please keep your language clean.

3. No plagiarism.
Please try your best to give credit where credit is due. Also, please do not use this forum in research papers as while there is a wealth of knowledge from members, your teacher may not feel the same.

4. No unsupervised use by children under 16. While I hope that students in school will use this with their teacher to learn more about history, I expect parents and teachers to monitor the internet activity of their children and supervise them when using this forum. Parents are advised to create their child's account. Teachers are encouraged to create a class account with their email address.

I hope you all enjoy this forum and that you will leave here with more knowledge of history than when you entered.

Daniel Sauerwein
Site Admin.
Daniel Sauerwein
General-in-Chief

Return to Union Navy